NEW STUDENT INFORMATION & REGISTRATION GUIDELINES
Kindergarten Student Application
New Student Application
(Please email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off or mail to Trinity Christian School, 11507 Studebaker Rd, Norwalk, CA 90650)
Welcome to the page where becoming a part of the Trinity Family begins! Enrolling at Trinity will be the best decision for you and your child. Here’s how you can make it happen!
New student enrollment at Trinity Christian School includes completing the requirements listed below. Kindergarten students must be five years of age on or prior to December 2nd. All other grades require the successful completion of the previous grade for enrollment in the next grade.
A student is not officially enrolled until they’ve been tested, completed their registration forms and paid their registration fee.
New Student Registration
- “New Student Application Packet”
- Receive and complete a “New Student Application Packet.”
- Set up a visit and/or a test date
- Attend Open House in the spring
- Day of Testing
- Bring latest standardized testing and Current Report Card – Report card must have at least 3 quarters of grades and show work habits and citizenship.
- Conference with Mr. Jepsen
- Testing – This takes about 30 – 45 minutes
- $30 test fee payable to “Trinity Christian School” before testing
- Enrollment Notification – After testing, review of report cards, and standardize test, a phone call will be made & letter of acceptance or decline will be mailed.
- Upon acceptance into Trinity Christian School:
- Receive “Registration Packet” and after July, a Summer Packet will be
- Immunization/Physical Examination Forms sent ( Kindergarten Packet)
- Student Registration Form: To be fully registered, you must have all registration forms completed, all requested information turned in, and registration fees paid.
- Registration Fees: All Registration Fees are non-refundable. The registration fee is due upon acceptance of your student and secures your spot in the class. If the student does not attend Trinity for any reason the fee is non-refundable.
- Waiting List: Parents must notify the school office if they want to be placed on the waiting list for any class. When a spot opens you will be notified according to your placement on the waiting list.
*If you are notified that your child will be placed on the waiting list – the registration forms must still be returned to the school office. The registration fee is not required until the child is placed on the class list. However, if the forms are not completed and returned – your child will lose their spot on the waiting list.
New Students: All new students are accepted on a 9-week probationary basis.
Testing: All NEW students will undergo pre-entrance testing prior to their acceptance in the school.
Children who will be attending Kindergarten at Trinity Christian School:
- Required to be 5 years of age on or before December 2nd. All kindergartners will be tested for readiness.
- Must submit proof of birth in the form of a birth certificate or other legal document.
- Must be immunized against polio, diphtheria, pertussis (whooping cough), tetanus (lockjaw), rubella (German Measles), mumps, and hepatitis. (California Dept. of Health Memo, 2/80, IMM- 438 (12/96). See the link below for shot requirements
Children transferring from another school:
- Will be accepted only after an entrance exam, followed by a placement conference with the administrator, has been completed.
Children entering First Grade:
- Must have a doctor’s certificate of examination (or waiver) given within 18 months prior to their entrance for the fall term. (California Law-Child Health Disability Prevention Program Am 2066).
Children entering Seventh Grade:
Tdap Booster (Tetanus, reduced diphtheria, and pertussis, commonly called whooping cough)
Requirements can be found on the web @
ALL students entering Trinity Christian School
- Must have on file, an emergency form, health history report, a physician’s report, and a signed application for enrollment.