COVID is still effecting and changing everything. But praise the Lord that we have a God who is the same YESTERDAY, TODAY, AND FOREVER!
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” Hebrews 13:8
It is such a comfort knowing that He never changes even though our world is changing every day. And those changes are effecting our school too.
As the state and our county have put new restrictions on schools meeting in the fall, we wanted to update you on our plan to re-open in the fall. Yes! We will be ready for distance learning or on-campus learning. (And we are praying for the latter!)
Mr. Jepsen sent out an update with many of our re-opening plans, but in case you missed it, please find our COVID plan by clicking the link HERE for the most up-to-date news.
Updated Sept 8, 2020 - PRINCIPAL CONNECTION
- Distance Learning – We are opening up the school year with distance learning. The teachers will do an excellent job in educating your kids. This will be a fruitful time for them and they will be ready when they return to school. All the information needed to log in will be given to you on Wednesday.
- Textbook and supply pickup – On Wednesday, September 9, you can come on campus between 9:00am and 5:00pm to pick up your child’s textbooks and anything else the teacher will be providing for you at this time for Distance Learning. Please drive around to the back parking lot and park on the playground. You will be screened and have your temperature checked before proceeding to the classroom. Please be sure to wear a mask and social distance while on campus. Only one person will be allowed in the classroom at a time to pick up the books and supplies.
- First day of classes – Thursday, September 10 – The first day of class will be with Zoom, your teachers will be in touch with you and send you the information prior to the first day of class. This will be a shortened day to get the students oriented.
- K-4 Pickup and Drop off of school work: Friday, September 18th is the first day to drop off and pickup schoolwork for the following week. This will be the schedule during Distance Learning until we can return to classes. Drop-off and pick-up will be every Friday between 10:00am-5:00pm.
- Back to School Night – Zoom Meetings
- Childcare Needs – I have sent a waiver to open up for families in need of daycare. I hope that approval of this comes in soon.
- Waiver to Reopen – At this time we are still unable to submit a waiver to reopen. We will be ready when the time comes.
o K-4th Grade: Thursday, September 17, @ 6:30pm with Mr. Jepsen
o 5th–8th Grade: Thursday, September 24, @ 6:30pm with Mr. Jepsen
o Your child’s teacher will set up a Back to School Night Meeting after or before my meetings.
If you have any questions, please call the office at (562) 864-3712.