He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge, his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
As of Wednesday, March 18th, we have officially suspended our face to face classes. Distant learning officially began Thursday, March 19th and will continue until further notice.
All the teachers have been working diligently on how to best continue your child’s education from home. Grades K-3 have packets each week, and 4th – 8th is using Zoom and Google Classroom.
Here is a bit of info and a few updates for you at this time:
- All the students should have a packet and be connecting daily with their teachers
- 4th – 8th are using Zoom. If you are having troubles getting on, please let us know so we can get you connected.
- Continue to make M-F a school day:
- To Start: Get them out of bed and ready for school as a normal school day.
- Have them get dressed for class. Especially middle school students who are being seen by their teacher and classmates.
- Make sure they eat breakfast.
- Middle school students should probably not eat during a class session.
- All this is to build a routine and keep some normalcy in their schedule.
- All unused lunches after March 18 will receive a credit and those who chose to be home on March 16 & 17 will receive a credit for these two days as well.
- You may have received an April lunch form in your packets. Hold on to this until you know when we will be returning.
- Any daycare fees for AM, PM or Fulltime daycare for the month of March will receive a ½ month credit.
- It’s important that you do not come on campus to just visit the office or a teacher that may be on campus. We need to minimize traffic.
MOST IMPORTANT – Dropping off and picking up of Packets
- Mondays has been designated as the day to drop off and pick up
- Packets will be ready for pickup between 10AM – 5PM.
- Tables will be located outside the downstairs classrooms.
- K-2nd bins will be between K & 1 grade rooms
- 3rd-5th bins will be between K & 4th grade rooms
- 6th-8th: All assignments will be scanned and sent to the students through Google Classroom. Assignments will be returned through Google Classroom.
Pastor Eddie and Mr. Jepsen will be on campus next week and the weeks ahead if it goes that far. If you run into something that you need to connect with them, please don’t hesitate to contact them. We’re here to serve our families, especially during this time.